Yesterday and today at work went by fast! We had a lot to do, tomorrow looks like it will be the same way.
We had a huge storm earlier and just as it was slowly going away, a HUGE lightning strike hit our transformer. I almost passed out it scared me so bad. We spent about an hour and a half sitting in the dark stuffy house laughing because we had nothing to stare at (meaning the TV) and came to the conclusion that we watch too much TV!
I saw this on my friend Ginger's Blog and thought I would fill it out to jog some fun memories of growing up! There were 40 of them, I'll do the rest tomorrow....
1. Do you prefer Playdough or Silly Puddy? Why?
I like silly puddy-something about the consistency I'm addicted to it. The smell of playdough makes me nauseas
2. Did you ever get sick on a playground merri go round?
I remember getting dizzy and falling down, then getting back on to do it again.
3. Four Square or Kickball?
I never played either growing up, I was a nerd that would read or play quietly by myself usually.
4. Which game caused you the most stress or trauma as a child? Operation, Dodgeball or Duck Duck Goose?
Dodgeball. I was the nerdy kid that all the bullies wanted to throw the ball really hard at. The thought of PE still makes me nauseas.
5. Gilligans Island or The Brady Bunch?
The Brady Bunch-I think I have seen every episode. I loved the Brady's house and would spend hours drawing the blue print on paper and filling in the parts that weren't on screen). I did that with the house on Bewitched too. Gilligan's Island irked me because of Gilligan's stupidity and the fact that everyone put up with it.
6. What was your first music video ever seen on MTV?
I was tuned in to MTV the second it aired and saw "Video Killed the Radio Star".
7. Did you ever pass the dutchie on the left hand side?
If it means what I have read it means, yes.
8. What pop song was played by your band during junior high/high school pep rallies?
Jump by Van Halen
9. Did you ever own a pair of leg warmers, bands of twisty beads or parachute pants?
I still have the first and only pair of parachute pants that I got in 1982. They were black and I thought I looked very stylish and cool in them.
10. How did you solve your Rubik's Cube? The tried and true sticker removal method or the break the damn thing apart with a screwdriver and put it back together method?
I solved it the good old fashioned way, all the puzzle games that came out back then I had a knack of solving. My Mom, Dad, Sister and Brother would see one in the store and buy it, bring it home, mess it up and see how long it took me to solve it. The hardest one was the orb. It took me 2 weeks!
11. What was the first movie you ever saw in a theater?
The First Star Wars, or the fourth one as we know it now!
12. What was the first book you remember reading?
In first grade we had a competition to see who could read the most books in the school year. At the end of the day we would pick one off the shelves, call out the title to the teacher and take it home. The first day of the competition, the teacher called my name and I said " I wan't my Mommy" (the title of the book) and she got a kick out of it and told my Mom when she came and picked me up! I ended up with a certificate for first place for reading 74 books.
13. The first song you remember hearing overplayed on the radio?
Probably something my parents listened to, so it was something country or something by Elvis.
14. Name a singer that looked completely and totally different from what you expected after hearing them only on the radio.
Rick Astley that sang "Never gonna give you up".
15. Can you now, or did you ever, moonwalk?
16. Name one of the first posters you remember having of a heartthrob/babe in your room.
I was with my sister at a music store and used my money to buy a huge poster of Leif Garret for some reason. I didn't even know who he was at the time!
17. Did one or both of your parents have to walk to school....in the winter....uphill - both ways?
My Dad grew up in a rural area without all the modern conveniences but he never complained about them-he always was happy that he could provide us with things he never had growing up so I was really spoiled.
18. Can you recite, verbatim, the opening of the Twisted Sister video "We're Not Gonna Take It"?
I never liked that song, so I didn't ever learn the lyrics.
19. Did you go cuckoo for Coco Puffs?
No, it was Captain Crunch all the way.
20. What lesson do you remember in its entirety thanks to School House Rock?
That a Bill had something to do with the Government
21. Favorite Saturday Night Live skit:
My allll time favorite would have to be anything with Roseanne Rosannadanna AND Jan Hooks and Nora Dunn doing the Sweeney Sisters-they were a hoot.