Monday, October 23, 2006

Back to the Grind

I won a $200 gift card to TicketMaster over the weekend-now I wait for a decent concert to come to our town-we don't have many since our venue is small. My best bet will be 2 hours away in another city.

Work went by fast today. It seems each day I get a little bit more stuff to do which keeps boggling my mind! The lady that is training me was not feeling good and another is out of town so I did more than I had before (ie: panic).

At one point I had so much going on I started forgetting important tidbits, hung up on a few people and totally screwed up working on the intercom call box-but luckily it all worked out.

Some of the nurses decided I was taking it all to seriously and would block my view of the board while I'm frantically trying to see (and relay to impatient people on the phone) what surgeries are next or what operating room a doctor/anesthesiologist were in and thought it was funny to bump my shoulder while I wrote.

Coming back from lunch I saw the dreaded black body bag being led away on a gurney from the ER. I was expecting it, but wasn't sure how I would react.

It made me more thankful for the day and to realize being at work wasn't so bad at all.

I hope everyone had a great Monday and that it will be a wonderful week :)

1 comment:

The Persian said...

Oh wow! With the amount of shows I hit, that would be amazing.

Yay to the Panic! Icon on your sidebar. I
got to catch them pretty early on (July) before they exploded. AMAZING SHOW! Check out The Hush Sound if you get the chance.

:)