Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring

Everything in the yard is coming up. It is nice to see things I planted last year popping up, still waiting on others-keeping my fingers crossed.

Even though it means extra work in the yard, I love this time of year when everything is just on the verge, budding out but not all the way yet. The grass still brown, but with hints of green-even the dandelions I try to get rid of every year.

I have several bradford pears and I love it when they are in bloom.


I had to take my Dachshund, Randy, to the vet yesterday. He got excited and jumped off the bed a few days before (he is 13). Later on he would squeal whenever he walked around. I thought it was his leg or shoulder but it turned out to be his neck.

After horrible flashbacks to my other Dachshund, Rudy, paralyzed from the waist down after his jump from the couch, she finally said he would most likely be okay with some anti-inflammatory medication. He has only jumped off the bed once before in his whole life, but I'm not going to allow him up there anymore-also going to keep him off of the couch just in case.

Rudy (God I still miss him) had shown signs of back trouble when he was young, Randy and Petey luckily haven't. Petey is still young at 3, I try to keep Petey from activities that would cause back trouble like tug o war and jumping up.

I hope everyone is having a great week :)

No comments: