I finally decided to dust off the laptop in the corner and give it a go again to try to get on the internet wirelessly. I had doubts. I tried a few settings, called tech support again for 3 different products but nothing.
Finally I decided I would try to work on the notion that it was spyware or the like. I went to the remove program area in windows and just started uninstalling everything after I looked on google and found out what it was.
I finally uninstalled a program called NewDotNet and voila, my internet popped up and said connected. I was leary at first and hopeful.
I crossed my fingers and opened up firefox. I have never been so happy to see the google start page!
I'm continuing the removal of a bunch of junk on this computer such as kazaa, etc.-wish me luck!
I got my $200 gift card to Ticketmaster in the mail today, that was exciting. My wins have been sparse.
I hope everyone has a great weekend :)