Monday, October 10, 2005

Older but not wiser!

I had a birthday a few days back-I didn't want to make a big deal about it and just laid around the house most of the day, watched a movie and read a bit.

Rick got me a neat gift that I had been wanting, it's the one in black:



It is nicer than I thought, even though it is new, it has the heft of an old fashioned phone as well as the ring of one.

Later on in the evening we went out for a bit and word got out that it was my birthday-it gets a little blurry after that. Everyone that knew me decided to buy me tequila, oy. I actually held up pretty well and didn't have a hangover.

A few rather unrelated incidences put a new idea in my head. Actually and old idea that never got off the ground. First I read a blog entry from my friend Ginger about the upcoming NoNoWriMo event. I felt a tingle of excitment, but then put it off. Then later I was reading a webpage and there was a link to it again. Still I put it off.

My dad had given me a book to read, called Level 7. It is written in first person, which I thought if I ever wrote something it would be in that format. Then I started thinking and the next thing I knew, I opened up Word and began writing. I have written twice now, but up to 18 pages and the story keeps telling itself. It is fun. I have no high ideas that I'll be a bestseller soon, but it's a start-a learning experience.

Anyone else having trouble with splog on your blog? I have been getting about 2 comments a day. I found this place to report it, not sure if it helps, but it's a start!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Well, happy birthday--a bit late! Mine was yesterday--and I didn't make a big deal out of it. Doug didn't buy me anything--he'd already told me what he wanted to buy (matching wedding bands!), but wasn't sure how I'd respond. I responded that he should have gotten my ring size!
Cool phone, by the way!
I went to the flea market to buy myself a present--and ended up getting one for Doug!
Anyway, Happy Birthday again from a fellow Libran! Sim