Thursday, January 12, 2006

Almost done...

I have probably 2 days left on painting and can finally get someone in the rental. It's all trim work-tedious and slow. And let's not forget the electrician-my lowest bid so far is $850!

I haven't won anything recently. I read a few sweeptakes message boards for new sweepstakes and to see who is winning what. I log on today and there are 4 big winners. One lady won a Mini Cooper, someone won a trip to the Superbowl, someone won a trip to Las Vegas to see INXS, and a guy won a $500 Amazon.com gift certificate. These are all sweeps I have been entering so I guess if I didn't win, it's nice to see someone did!

Another lady is really jazzed because she got picked to appear on Wheel Of Fortune. I'd love to go on there or The price is right. I would freeze up on Jeopardy!

Rick finally found a great car-a Cadillac Deville but we finally gave up dealing with the guy selling it. He had it priced a bit too high to start with and finally Rick decides if he comes down $300 he will get it. This would be meeting him halfway on the price difference.

This guy wont budge one bit and even had the nerve to call today to tell Rick that he was driving with a lady now that wants it really bad and will pay full price. Rick said if she is willing to pay your price you should probably sell it to her then!

The guy wasn't amused. He called a few other times after that but Rick stood his ground. Something else will come along that will be better.

I hope everyone is having a great week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm not too fond of Cadillacs in general. Or maybe it's just the attitude of the people driving them! So probably just as well. . .
Hope you have a great weekend!
Sim