Thursday, April 19, 2007

For the birds


The barn swallows are back! This will be the 5th year, although last year they built their little mud nests and some other bird knocked their eggs out and attacked them when they came near. This year if that happens I might be tempted to get a slingshot-I'm partial to these little fellows! I'm sure it's not the SAME couple but maybe it's the young coming back each year to a place they know.

The first year they were really skittish and would fly away every time we walked out onto the porch-then they got used to us and every year since they go about their business as if we aren't there.

I doubt I would go as far as to get a slingshot and kill the squatter birds, but I just hope we don't have to find out!

I hope everyone has a great weekend :)

No comments: