Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Snow??

I had a few moments of feeling wound up too tight again today, but overall it was a good day. I got a lot done at work and nothing at home!

I need to do some spring cleaning around here but I'll have to wait until the urge hits. I'm doing good to get the laundry and dishes done.

Most of my flowerbed plants are coming up nicely, there are a few that still look like twigs but I haven't given up hope yet. This weekend we are supposed to have lower 30 degree weather with the possibility of
snow :O Let's hope it is just thunderstorms.

We had the puppy spayed today, she is not too happy with anyone right now. She is getting around ok, but the pain killers are knocking her out most of the time. The other dogs want to go see what is going on with her, but she snaps at them to get away, but I think she feels safe in her pet porter.

Randy got out of the fence today-and he is a runner. It couldn't have been more than 2 minutes but he was halfway down the alley. He was just sniffing around as if nothing was wrong-saw me and wagged his tail.

It reminded me of the first time Rudy got out. He was probably 2 at the time. I looked everywhere for about 30 minutes all around my neighborhood. Then I got in the car and drove even further, down alleys, everywhere I could think of for another 30 minutes.

Finally I decided to leave my residential area and cross a major street into another residential area across from us. I drove one block and there he was just sitting on a corner under a stop sign as if nothing was wrong. I opened the car door and he hopped in and we drove home.
He was covered in road tar, smelled like garbage and happy as could be.

God, if I think about him too much it still hurts my heart. I miss him so much. He was such a good dog and went through so much with such a great attitude.

I need to take a note from Rudy's book :)

Is it Friday yet?


No comments: