Wednesday, June 28, 2006

If you want something done...

ask a busy person! I heard that years ago in my other life as a Realtor. Someone with too much time on their hands will put stuff off while a busy person will find the time.

I have procrastinated too much lately. I see so much that needs to be done and instead of diving in like I used to, I bog down and do nothing. I noticed Rick does the same thing. I also noticed that if I take the initiative and start doing something, he will usually start up himself.

I finally got a few things done today that I had put off for too long and it energized me. Which is good because I have two vacancies that need some sprucing up. Hopefully it wont take to long to paint and clean them and get them rented.

I finally turned in my booklet application and I was told that I would hear from them soon about the next step. Tomorrow I'm going to research more and turn in other applications instead of putting all of my eggs in one basket.

I cleaned the office from top to bottom today, and I'm eyeing my bookshelves-I want to reorganize the books so I can find stuff easily. I spent 2 months looking for a book, finally gave up that I had loaned it out and then today by accident found it.

I mowed the backyard-we had a lot of rain recently and it looks so nice and lush. All of the new plants are doing well, except one that went into shock-but it is putting on new leaves. The latest one, an oleander, is getting ready to bloom.

Our apple tree and our neighbors apricot tree is full of fruit. I have to rake up the mess every couple of days. The dogs are having a blast eating them.

I hope everyone is having a great week, Jeff

This is amazing, but it makes me feel insignificant

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my cousins sent me that Size of the World; it does make one feel a bit insignificant!
I can definitely relate to procrastination--and Doug sounds like Rick in that respect, too. I finally got the patio cleaned off (Doug did help. A little), and the front porch as well (Doug helped a lot more there). We haven't had any rain to speak of for a couple of weeks--drought conditions, here. But at least we don't have to mow much!
Sim