Monday, March 21, 2005

A change in plans...

The lady that is training me and that I am replacing is leaving earlier than expected. So that means more intense training and longer hours until she goes.

It's only for a few day so its not that bad, but its like a crash course and it seems I forget it as soon as I learn it!! They keep piling more and more on me, but so far nothing that seems out of my range. What worries me is when she is gone and unexpected things pop up!

Today was a crash course in writing the monthly inner office newsletter and the quarterly newsletter that goes out to about 1500 people. That intimidates me just a tad, but I think I will be able to handle it once I get used to it. Thank goodness I used MS publisher in the past.

I had to learn the ins and outs of paying the bills and receipting/depositing the donations. It isn't very difficult but the amount of the checks (many are 5 and 6 figures) and being responsible for them will take some getting used to.

In my last job I had to learn to decipher wills, deeds and divorces so it won't be hard to decipher hearings and court orders, I'll just have to figure out which order they come in and what they all mean.

I finally got some nibbles on the rental unit I have available-I hope to have it rented by tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a great Monday :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Your job sounds really stressful! I hope you at least feel a sense of accomplishment. You should! Keep up the good work, buddy!! Russ

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're liking it there - I wish I could wear jeans to work each day! =) I'm totally feeling you about the deposit amounts - I'm a bookkeeper and we have 6 figure deposits sometimes. Seems like such a big responsibility! It sounds like a great place and a fun job though, which is awesome.
=) kris

Anonymous said...

Well, it sounds positive! Something unexpected always comes up, but you'll be more than able to deal with it!
Sim