Sunday, March 20, 2005

More on the new J O B

It has been an interesting past few days with the new job. The lady that I am replacing is leaving this coming Thursday so they are trying to train me really fast. I felt overwhelmed at first but now I am feeling better about it. I have a lot of responsiblity, but I feel comfortable that I can handle it-I hope I can still say that after the lady training me (my safetye net) leaves.

Everyone up there has been great at making me feel welcome and helping me out. Everyone is laid back so much so that it seems too good to be true! It has been fun working with Rick's sister Tina. It was nice having someone there that I knew already.

Due to the nature of the work that is done there I had to be fingerprinted and sign papers to allow a criminal background check as well as a confidentiality agreement. Now I am glad I was so boring and didn't do anything weird in high school and college!

One lady up there told me that when she went through this she had a hit on her criminal check-when she was 16 she stoled some eggs for hell week while in high school and that came back!

I spent most of today working on more plumbing issues on the rentals. Luckily it was things that I knew how to take care of and didn't have to use a plumber-although I made a few mistakes and had to make 3 trips to the plumbing store I got it all taken care of.

I'm excited about next week-I get to start decorating my office and taking things up there to make it my own. I figured I would keep it minimal since we are moving to new offices on the first floor in a few months. Someone donated a large sum of money and they decided it to use it to lease a bigger space.

I did make one mistake at work on Friday. Someone was saying their computer was messing up and I told them I could fix it-it was something simple and I was able to take care of it. After that I had 4 more requests to fix things. It seems one more thing has been added to my job description!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend :)

No comments: