Sunday, March 20, 2005

Sunday

Sunday was a good day. I got a lot of my computer work done, even catching up on stuff I had neglected. I even managed to do a few loads of laundry and unpack several more boxes of kitchen things.

It started raining this evening, it was a nice gentle rain. I'm ready for spring!

I was catching up on some newspaper reading and was surprised that we had an earthquake here. A 2.9. A few years back we had a 3.9 that did some minor damage to some houses and major damage to several hundered wells. I didn't feel either. My Dad and my sister felt the 3.9 and said it felt like a tractor trailer was lumbering by a few feet away. I remember thinking "Great, not only do we have to worry about tornadoes, now this!"

My parents leave to Houston for the surgery on the 28th. They got their appointment finally. My Dad has spent the last few days getting hotel, airfare and car reservations. It amazes me, they are getting help with discounts etc. and it is still a fortune.

My Dad had a big surprise today. He belongs to a local lodge. They helped with extra discounts on hotel and airfare as well as all the gang got together and organized a raffle benefit for my parents. It will run 2 weeks and then they will donate the money to them. He was at a loss for words. They even told him that the lodge in Houston would find someone to take them around if needed.

I'm glad that is there if they need it. My parents aren't travellers at all and they are very nervous and worried about flying and going to a big city.

I hope everyone has a great Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the surgery will be successful! I just know it!!! Russ

Anonymous said...

Positive vibes and a calling on the Universe--in behalf of your mom. Your dad, too, and of course, you!
Sim