Sunday, March 27, 2005

The first full week of work

It was a good week. I feel more comfortable with work and can see once I get used to everything I will enjoy it. Right now it is feeling overwhelming, but not so much so that I can't handle it.

I have had a good weekend so far-it snowed most of the day and was cold, but still nice. I'm still waiting for spring to get here!

I got my first paycheck Friday and decided to splurge and took a good friend to an uppity martini bar and had too many dirty martinis and some cosmos. It was fun, but I paid for it this morning.

I'm still trying to get used to the hours-getting up when I'm used to going to bed, but it is getting better every day. One day last week I guess I woke up, turned the alarm off and decided I didn't want to be bothered with getting up. I didn't even remember turning the alarm off-Rick woke up at 7:30 thankfully and woke me up. I had to make a mad dash to get ready to be at work at 8.

I was a few minutes late and worried and apoligized but my boss said that she wasn't a clock watcher and didn't care as long as I did my work. The boss at my last job once got on my case about clocking it 1 minute late!

I hope everyone has a happy easter :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the job is going well and that your boss is cool! You deserve all this contentment! Russ