Thursday, September 28, 2006

A big surprise....

I sent out several resumes and applications this week and last. I got a call monday-they wanted to set up an interview for today.

So I get all worked up and nervous for the interview, get there 15 minutes early while the contact was 10 minutes late!

So I finally get to the interview with not one but two people. I'm sweating and my mind is racing-they are really nice and I start to relax. The questions were not what I was expecting at all.

I felt like I was a stammering idiot, and I said a few things that after I said them I thought "wtf, why did you say that jeff???!!!", but they giggled and it didn't seem to phase them.

It goes on for what seems an hour, but is only about 15 minutes. They ask me to wait outside for a few minutes and then call me back in and offer me the job. I was shocked.

I've never been hired during an interview! And to top it off, I was expecting the pay to be about what I got at my last job or less (the one I got passed over on!) and almost fell out of the chair when they told me the salary.

So I'm very happy that I am gainfully employed with great hours, great benefits and damn good pay! I don't start for about 2 weeks so I have time to get used to the idea!

I hope everyone has a great weekend :)

No comments: