Tuesday, February 08, 2005

A lost cause..

We spent today moving everything off of the carpet in the master bedroom. I had went to the store earlier and armed myself with a few different products to try to save the carpet.

I sprayed the foam on and scrubbed it in like it said. I noticed a ligtening of the stains, but nothing magically disappeared like it promised. I wasn't hopeful going on, so it wasn't too big of a disappointment. I let that sit for a little while and then brought out the steam cleaner.

About 5 years ago, I had a renter that moved out and left just about everything behind. Brand new furniture, tools, beds, televisions, and the steam cleaner. It is a really nice expesive one. I have used it many times in the past and it has tackled tough stains.

It met its match today. After about an hour I conceded. The stains got lighter, but not enough to make a difference. Tomorrow we go carpet shopping.

No comments: