Wednesday, February 23, 2005

No leftover parts...

Luckily all the snow we were promised turned out to only be rain. It was dreary and overcast with a steady rain. For some reason I have always loved these kinds of days ever since I can remember.

I got a late start today. I went to the apartment to get stray mail and a carload of clothes. It looked so barren and sad when I went in. I lived there for 3 years. I'm happy to be at the house now, but that apartment was where I moved to after the breakup with my ex so I feel it ushered in my freedom from that relationship. It feels like I'm closing a chapter-and I am glad to be moving on to a new one.

Rick bought a new computer and I have been researching how to network them together to share the internet connection and printers. I had no clue what I was doing when I started out, but I went today to Best Buy to buy all of the hardware and wires. I came home feeling defeated before I opened anything. I was so amazed that after about 30 minutes it was all working properly-I'm still shaking my head wondering how I did it. I put networking and algebra on the same level, both just confound me.

I felt so good after getting that done that I tackled hooking up the dvd and vcr to the new tv. Usually when I try this I get one working but not the other or can't figure out which button to push to switch over, but after about 20 minutes I had it all working.

Unlike when I installed the ceiling fan in the office I didn't have extra parts that looked suspiciously important!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Impressive! I've had a router and cables run for about a year now, and I still can't get them to talk to each other!!!

Big gold star for you - first try, even!
=) kris

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the media gods smiled on you! Congrats Russ