Thursday, December 16, 2004

Christmas is in the air...

I spent all day buying things for the house-blinds, doorknobs, medicine cabinet, ceiling fans, etc. By the time we got everything unloaded and had a bite to eat I was too tired to do anything but hang the 3 blinds in the living room. We went with the "faux wood" pvc blinds. They really look nice and I was glad to find that the prices have come down drastically from the last time I bought them with my ex.

Rick's mother got out of the hospital yesterday and had some errands to run, so in between all of our shopping we picked her up and did her shopping and bank runs. I am just getting to know her and it is great to find we have a lot in common.

The traffic around town is horrible this time of year with all the shoppers. The stores were packed. I could feel that twinge of excitement in the air- and I'm so unprepared that Christmas is 10 days away! I've only bought one gift so far, so I'm in for it this following week trying to get out in the crowds.

I do this to myself every year. One year I bought everything on the 24th. I won't be doing that ever again! One year I was industrious and bought everything online and had the gifts shipped direct to everyone. It didn't feel right, not getting out and doing it the old fashioned way!

I spotted a used bookstore that just opened up (behind Barnes & Nobles no less) and being the bookworm that I am, I just had to stop in. I found The Tales of the City series by Armistad Maupin that I used to have and loaned out or lost over the years. I debated on buying them and put them back. While I'm browsing I hear Rick checking out and then he runs to the car, and comes back in. He tried so hard to be sly that I played along with it!

After I hung the blinds, I went to sit on the porch to rest and someone had a fireplace going-that smell always puts me further into the holiday spirit. I fully intend to enjoy it despite that the tree isn't bought, I haven't packed for the move, I haven't finished the house, and that I have no idea where the energy is going to come from to get it all done in time! 'Tis the season :)

The Guardian released its list of the top 100 websites.

Twist your tongue.

No comments: