Monday, December 13, 2004

The light at the end of the tunnel

I painted, then painted, then painted some more today. I got a lot done. Im looking to be done with it by this weekend.

My life feels like it is on hold right now-just going through the motions getting everything ready for the move. I have neglected my friends and family and ultimately myself.

I am feverishly scrambling to get everything done and feel worn out, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and the holidays cheer me up.

I'm just hoping to be done and organized soon so the Christmas tree will be surrounded by brightly wrapped boxes and not moving boxes!!

I was surprised to see the jury return with the death penalty on the Peterson trial. I was really expecting him to get life in prison.

I was chatting with a friend and she said she wasn't a big proponent of the death penalty. I lean towards indifference on the subject depending on the crime. I can see both sides of the issue. On one hand you have someone who was convicted of killing his wife and unborn baby that doesn't need to be on this planet any longer and on the other you are punishing someone who murdered WITH murder. With appeals I'm sure it'll he will be around a long time.

Personally, I'm glad this verdict came out the way it did, I get the same horrid feeling in the pit of my stomach when I think of Laci Peterson and her unborn child being murdered that I feel when I think of Sharon Tate and her unborn child dying the horrid way they did. I like to think a higher power will take care of it all and what we do is insignificant.

You mean the picture wasn't accurate?

This psychiatrist needs to see a psychiatrist.

Who says the U.S. doesn't have any wilderness left!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a great writer, Jeff! I'd like to link your blog to mine if you're cool with that. Russ

Jefftexas said...

Thanks Russ, a link would be great, what is your blog? I would love to visit it. Jeff