Sunday, December 05, 2004

If it's not one thing, it's another...

I guess playing nurse wasn't enough for me to deal with.

It's plumber time again. I got a call from a lady that lives in the fourplex I am in about a slow water leak at her sink faucet. Then she tells me it has been like this for about a month. Yesterday I get my water bill, I guess it wasn't that slow, the bill was more than double the norm. The cut off valves to her sink aren't working either.

Then today I go to do dishes and I turn on my faucet and no water, then finally about 10 minutes later I have water, but hardly any pressure. Then my faucet develops a leak!

Then I find out my regular inexpensive plumber is in jail for a year for DWI. My desperate calls to family and friends for a cheap plumber yield no results. I'll have to bite the bullet and call the plumber I have used before who sees dollar signs when I call!

Those that know me well have heard all about my plumbing troubles this year. I probably shelled out over $1,000 in a 2 month period this summer for a collapsed sewer and a tree that had more roots than I thought biologically possible. That was on a duplex I have-so far my fourplex has been relatively free of plumbing woes (knock on wood).

So I have a full day starting with taking the car to the shop, watching a plumber tally up a bill, a bit of work, and being nurse. It could be worse, so I'll stop my complaining :)

A Vigilante in New Hampshire.

A free Ebook every day for the month of December from Ereader.com

You can find anything for sale these days!

An html cheat sheet.

Everything has a website! From airplane napkins, to piano pedals, to condiments!

1 comment:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Your tale of woe reminds me of an ex-boyfriend of mine who liked to call himself a slumlord (he was a good guy, though), and of the fact that plumbing is on the long list of things we'll have to deal with before selling our current house. Good luck! - Karen