Sunday, December 26, 2004

I fought the computer and the computer won!

I had put off a bunch of work this week in preparation for Christmas and today I paid for it. The program I needed to do my work with decided to rebel against me. It took 3 hours but I finally found a way to work it, but the solution erased all my settings.

All in all it was a good trade just so I could get started on my work. I tried to start working at about 3PM (by 4PM I was ready to pull my hair out and throw the computer out of the window) and had all that trouble and finally finished at 11PM.

We also put off working on the house. I hope to get back in the swing of that by tomorrow, or Tuesday at the latest. I just lost some steam this last week.

Christmas was a good day. We ate our tacos, played some board games and had a wee bit much to drink. The hangover I had this afternoon didn't help my computer problems much either! My head felt about 4 feet wide and full of cotton. I finally started feeling better after I had dinner.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas :)





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tacos for Christmas dinner? Awesome! I have never been a fan of turkey so I usually make my own Southern fried chicken whether I have guests or not. It's great cold also.

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I'm not sure about the tacos, but I can relate to the computer situation. We just got new computers at work, and for some reason I'm the Designated Expert in getting the old files and settings set up on the new computers. Gee, guys, I'm never even USED Outlook Express. But I figured it out anyway. I even figured out how to make my new computer stop using four digit years in every program's dating. - Karen