Saturday, December 25, 2004

Happy Holidays

It is still cold with snow on the ground, but not as bad as yesterday-our local paper said there were over 200 reported wrecks. I had to get out in it today to drop some gifts off and buy some wrapping paper.

One of the gifts I dropped off was to my ex. For some reason we are still exchanging gifts. I buy him something for around $10-$15 and he tries to over do it and buys an extravagant gift to show how much better he is doing. This isn't just how I feel, people have told me they have heard him say this.

This year he out did himself even before the gift was dropped off. I called him to let him know I was dropping his gift off at his house on the porch and we exchanged the usual formalities. As I was hanging up he said "Did you hear I bought my nephew a new Range Rover?" I knew his nephew, who I am close to still, was car shopping but he was looking at Chevrolets. Then Paul went on saying that since he didn't have anyone to spend that kind of money on anymore, he bought him one just like the one I got in 2001.

After I hung up, I got a laugh about it. I figured that his dig at me will be a better holiday gift for him than the $15 gift I dropped on his porch.

I finally got all the gifts wrapped, the 2 cheesecake pies and the salsa made. All that is left is the stocking stuffing and watching it all unfold tomorrow! I'm getting excited. I may not have spent the several thousand on gifts that I used to and I drive my Ford instead of the Range Rover, but it is still stacking up to be a Merry Christmas!

Happy Holidays to all :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. What a jerk! I'm glad he's your "ex". Good move, buddy! Russ