Sunday, December 05, 2004

Weekend assignment...

A friend of mine on AOL sent me a link to a journal to check out. A feature on this journal is a "weekend assignment". A question he posts for all of us to answer. I think it is a great idea. Weekend Assignment #37

Weekend Assignment #37: We all know what our best personal quality is. What's your second-best personal quality?

Extra Credit: Note a personal quality you wish you had more of.

I had never thought of this before so it took me awhile to ponder at it. My second best quality I would have to say is being non-judgemental. I was raised around family members that would joke or kid around about people that were different. From the moment I could understand what they were saying I always felt that it was wrong.

If I see someone who looks different, acts different, dresses different, has an alternate lifestyle, etc. I do not immediatly judge them based on this. I like this quality in myself. I have met many wonderful people over the years from being non-judgemental.

Extra Credit: The quality I wish I had more of is self control/willpower. I have wanted to quit smoking and just can't quite let it go. If there is chocolate around the house I'm going to eat it NOW! If I'm out shopping and I see something that I want but know that I really don't need-80% of the time I will buy it. This is my least favorite quality of myself and I fight it everyday.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend :)


1 comment:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I love your second-best quality, and I share the lack of willpower! Good luck on the smoking one - I hope you beat it someday.

I'm going to have to add you to my links to keep up with you. See you again (well, not you but your words) soon!

Karen