Monday, December 20, 2004

Last minute shopping...

I finally did some major Christmas shopping today. I got all my gifts bought except one or two. I feel bad that I haven't sent cards out. I always put it off until the last minute until I feel like its too late. I even have boxes of cards I have bought and stuck in a drawer from the last 2 years.

I got my Mom and Dad a DVD/VCR combo. About a week ago, my Dad had seen something on TV that said VCR's were going by the wayside on a news report. When I talked to him later that day, he said "I have been thinkin about gettin one of those new fangled DVD players that everyone is talkin about, I hear they are the wave of the future." And yes, he used the term new fangled. I didn't have the heart to tell him they have been around long enough not to be considered new fangled.

I didn't work on the house today, but it is coming along nicely. I can see it coming all together finally whereas a week ago I felt like it would never get this far. I had planned on going over there after shopping, but I got wore out from all the walking around.

I would never leave my house if I had this!

I take it France doesn't like Big Macs.

Eau de bacon!

Ideas on what to do with the Christmas tree after the holidays.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"New-fangled"! That's exactly the kind of expression my folks use whenever I tell them about such 'cutting edge' technology like "The Internet", "digital cameras" and other stuff that's been around for at least a decade. Absolutely you can link my blog to yours -- can I do the same with yours'? Russ http://journals.aol.com/toonguykc/InnerOuterDemons/

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Catching up on my blog reading a bit....

The VCR/DVD combo is a good idea. At this very moment, John is playing old video tapes and dubbing them onto DVD. Not that your folks will be dubbing, but they probably have old tapes they'll still want to play.

I buy Christmas card every year. I actually MAIL them about one year in five!

Karen