Sunday, January 16, 2005

Too many martinis

I can't thank everyone enough for your kind thoughts/prayers/good vibes on the comments on the last entry. It made me, as well as my parents feel good to hear them.

I decided to cut loose last night and went to a martini bar with some friends. That was my first mistake. The second mistake was thinking they were so tasty I kept getting more. I do love a good dirty martini though!

I paid for it today, boy did I. I had that nagging headache most of the day and couldn't focus.

In my stupor this morning, ahem, afternoon I read my email. There is one from my Dad. Something about my aunt and uncle and my Mom and Dad going to Sante Fe. I took it to mean a local restaurant and didn't think twice about it. Later my sister calls and informs me that is was the CITY not the restaurant.

This is weird on a few levels. My parents haven't been out of town since a Las Vegas getaway in 1982 and they are not the spontaneous type. The aunt and uncle they went with used to double date/party with my parents back in the 60's so there is no telling what they are all up to!

I'm glad they went. My Dads email said he hopes it will take her mind off of everthing. I hope they stay away from the martinis!!

No comments: